One of our core principles as a club is to have a recognised positive impact on our geographic community, particularly in sports education, health and well-being. We launched our Community Programme in June 2022 to fulfil this commitment.
Our community department is run by Dom Palacio, who has over 10 years of experience coaching and working in community sport. He has set up community programmes previously for a number of rugby clubs, including Harlequins and Richmond RFC, with a proven track record of delivering exceptional rugby programmes to over 20 schools and other community groups. Dom is joined by a team of highly qualified coaches, all of which have a real passion for what they do.
Our community programme has three main objectives:
1. Run an active Schools programme for both Rugby Union and Netball
We aim to develop and assist any school wishing to utilise our expertise in both Rugby Union and Netball.
- Provide the premier schools coaching team in London and the Southeast.
- Allow partner Schools access to our 4G All Weather Pitch (subject to availability)
- Run coaching masterclasses delivered by our 1st XV Rugby and Netball Coaches
- Provide refereeing support
- Run extra-curricular Sports activity clubs at partner schools
- Provide students with access to our Minis & Youth Rugby Programme
- 1st XV Rugby and Netball Matchday experiences for local/partner schools
- Developing the programme to include cricket, football etc.
Find out more about our Community School Programme here
2. Increase youth engagement and participation with the Club
We will be working alongside our age-group volunteers and partner schools to increase youth engagement with the club and ensure that Rosslyn Park is accessible to everyone.
Rosslyn Park FC has partnered with Wandsworth Borough Council to host a summer of fun for 5 to 17-year-olds.
5 weeks beginning Monday 25th July 2022
Free daily cooked nutritional lunch and snacks
Multi-Sport Fun activities, Arts & Crafts, quiet study/reading space and much more!
3. Support our local communities in any way possible through goodwill initiatives and emergency response campaigns
- Establish a goodwill volunteer database from our membership and beyond to help and assist with local projects.
- Use Community Engagement as a policy to better engage with existing members and supporters.
- Obtain Grant Funding from Charities and/or National Community support Funds.
The launch of the Rosslyn Park Community Programme is a truly exciting time for the Club, and we hope our supporters feel the same way. If you would like to get involved through volunteering or otherwise, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.