Welcome to the U8s at Rosslyn Park
(for children born after 1st September 2009 and before 31st August 2010 – Year 3)
We train once a week in Richmond Park on a Sunday morning starting at 9:00am for 90 minutes, with festivals and friendlies throughout the year for all teams. Every few weeks we train at the club on the 3G pitch – on these days we often invite other clubs from our age group for friendly matches.
We have a large number of coaches, certified first aiders and referees for our U8 set up. We actively encourage parents to get involved, and support those who want to take qualifications, so there are enough for all the players to have a great time.
Joining the U8s
For details on joining please look at the Joining Page.
If you have any specific questions around joining the U8s at Rosslyn Park please contact the Head Coach: Robustiano Tubio via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
As a group of players, coaches and parents we have evolved the following set of principles for how we approach our rugby.
- – Ensure a competitive, fun environment
- Build a strong sense of teamship within the player groups
- Build a strong sense of identity with Rosslyn Park Football Club
- Treat players, coaches, referees and parents with respect at all times
- Recognise and celebrate successes in a positive, supportive environment (from a good pass to a try-saving tackle to winning a tournament)
- Looking to grow the squads and players towards the full 15 aside and Sevens game in line with the RFU Continuum
- Focus on running, passing, catching and tackling skills to create rounded players
- Send as many teams as possible to tournaments so all players have these great experiences
- Competitive selection with the best players in the best squads, selected on form, attitude and attendance
- If players play well we will look to move them up through the squads
- If players are absent for a tournament or for a period of training they will not be automatically put back into that squad
- Movement between the squads enables players to develop in different environments and roles (leadership and responsibility as well as team positions)
Aims for the Season
As ever – to have fun and enjoy our rugby. We want to see an improvement in the core skills of every player and to create a lasting memory of the fun of mini rugby.
Festival and Match Reports
To follow as the season unfolds …